Self-saucing mocha choc pudding
100g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa
60g brown sugar
25ml crème de cacao (optional)
25ml strong espresso coffee
50g butter, melted
For the topping:
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dutch cocoa
1 teaspoon dried espresso coffee powder
250ml boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C, fan-forced.
2. Butter a 17cm (1.0L) pudding bowl and set aside until required
3. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a large mixing bowl,
add sugar and stir to combine.
4. Add the crème de cacao, coffee, milk, egg and melted butter,
stir well to combine thoroughly using a wooden spoon or electric beater.
5. Pour into pre-prepared pudding bowl and place on a baking sheet.
6. To make the topping add brown sugar, cocoa and dried instant coffee powder into a bowl and stir well to combine,
scatter the whole lot liberally over the top of the pudding then pour the 250ml of boiling water over the top again.
7. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until top has risen and sauce below bubbles up through pudding.
8. Serve hot with vanilla bean ice cream.